Monday, October 4, 2010
nightmares and big brother awesomeness
Last night in the middle of the night, Wiley had a nightmare. We heard him screaming that terror, horror movie scream. I threw back my covers and so did York and we ran to meet him. He ran into our room with little Archer plodding along in the dark after him. Once Wiley caught his breath and stopped crying enough to talk about what happened, he explained that he needed us to cancel his sleep over with Grammy. It wasn't all super clear, but he was convinced we had scheduled a sleepover and he really didn't want to do it. At one point he looked at York very seriously and said, "If I were you I surely recommend that you cancel your sleepover with grammy." York and I busted out laughing because of his word choice and seriousness and the bizareness of the whole thing; this upset him more. As soon as he was reassured there'd be no sleep over he turned and went back to bed. While he was crying, Archer was patting him on the back and cuddling up next to him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you shouldn't have done that! or edited your blog. better change the title too to reflect "little" brother awesomeness
Post a Comment