Monday, June 6, 2011

Over Memorial day weekend Wiley, Archer, and I drove to the beach to visit Bobby, Sarah, and Rick. We had a great time. We brought along our three new baby chicks, who I wasn't sure would survive, but are still doing just fine (including two americauna chicks that will lay blue eggs!). Wiley and Archer just loved Bobby. I think overall they all got along really well; particularly enjoying the six foot ball thing that they could all get into and roll around in. They loved the beach. Both Wiley and Archer would pull me in much farther than I expected. I thought the water was still pretty cold, but it was fun. One day the waves were really rough, and that was the day Wiley tried out his snorkle, and so it didn't go too well. They loved building drippy sandcastles and chasing the waves. The ride there and back was pretty painless, a few stops to pee or peeing in a cup for the now seasoned pottier, Archer.

I didn't have childcare for Wiley for a few days so he went with Archer to Sherrill's. He didn't really want to go and says he didn't have a good time, though SHerrill reported he was kind and a very big help. He earned $3 per day for "helping" her. And at the end he earned enough for a trip to the lego store. Where he bought 3 lego guys: Chewbacca, Darth Vader, and Obi Wan Kenobi. He has played with them non stop ever since.

Last Friday Archer and I slept out in the tent in the yard. Wiley was going to as well, but changed his mind and stayed inside with York. Wiley, Archer, and I did, however, make a small campfire and roast marshmallows. It was fun. Archer crashed just about the minute we got into the tent, so he didn't see fireflies or really experience "the tent." Our air mattress half deflated about halfway through the night, the neighbors dogs barked for what felt like all night (follow intermittently by someone yelling SHUT UP), and wobbly kitty kept crashing into the tent. Whatever, it was fun.

1 comment:

sarah said...

your life cracks me up sometimes. poor wobble kitty