Today, I went for genetic counseling--because I'm 35; though I kept pointing out I wasn't actually 35 yet. It didn't matter. They scared me quite a bit about things I hadn't thought about. Thanks, genetic counselor. Anyway, had a first trimester ultrasound and will get the results of that and about 8 tubes of blood soon and make decisions based on those.
Wiley is so excited about his birthday tomorrow. I feel like a bit of a bad mother because I've decided not to throw him a party. He only wanted 3 friends from preschool and I know one of them is out of town, so throwing a party for 2 friends seems too much for me right now. Selfish? I think I can distract him with a trip to Imax to see Cars and some ice cream and perhaps some well timed gifts and cake. We asked him tonight how he feels about his last night of being four and at first he said, "aaaahhh, those were the days." But as he got sleepier and closer to bed he said he was really going to miss being four and wasn't sure he actually wanted to turn five. He agreed to give it a try for a day and see how it felt before making a final decision about staying four. Then he asked me how old I was going to be, and I said "35" and he thought for a second and said, 'well, how do you feel about your last days of being 34?" That's really smart, right?!
Archer's vocab continues to grow. He is always talking about "cooperation" and what is "important" to him. Those are big words for a 2 1/2 year old. He's a lot of fun and getting more and more sure of himself daily.
3 comments:
Happy birthday Nicholas Wiley Wilson!
You went in 2 days before your birthday and said, "I'm not 35 yet!"?
don't let them freak you out. you're good.
ONE IN 37...and look at our awesome Cooper now.
Post a Comment