Everyone's been sick. But me. Poor Cora Bell, had a fever and was just miserable, not sleeping, crying, nursing all the time, so not like her, lethargic, but she seems better today. All the kids have ended up with a virus right at their first birthday; like it's part of the deal of exiting babyhood and entering toddlerhood. She's ready. Like walking while holding hands, pulling things out of boxes and putting things in boxes, climbing stairs, dancing.
Archer went with Grammy to Florida on vacation to visit Disneyworld. He was not one bit nervous, unlike his older brother, who cried and cried and spent every night and morning Archer was gone worrying about him. I wonder where he gets that....Archer said, "I'm not nervous. maybe a little, but mostly excited." When his teachers asked if they could go with him, Archer said, "no it's a special time for me and my grammy." Archer seems to have had a great time. He has talked about all the rides he went on and the characters he saw and what he ate in the cafeteria. He brought us each back a gift, keychains and a coffee mug for me, since I broke my two favorite mugs. Grammy says this was his idea and he insisted on it. He is so sweet.
Today during Cora Bell's nap I took the boys out to the woods and we built a fort. Wiley's been into building forts at school and I must say our fort is awesome. We all worked together, even planted some moss inside the fort in hopes of it carpeting the inside so we can lay on it in summer. we sat quietly for a while when we were done to listen to the animals and quiet sounds of the river near by. It was awesome. At one point I pushed on a skinny, (10 inch diameter) but very tall muscle wood tree, I think and the whole thing just fell over. Yikes; other than that we were safe and had a great time. York had said we probably shouldn't be back in the woods where we were because there was an old barbed wire fence, so the whole time the boys (Wiley mostly) were warning to be careful for the fence. They are so cautious sometimes. I'm trying to really check my anxieties and focus on encouraging them to have fun and be adventurous...otherwise I think they'll miss out.
No comments:
Post a Comment