For the second time in about three weeks my boys have treated me to a 'mom's night.' Last time they told me to lay down and they gave me a --seriously--one hour back scratch and massage. A back massage with chopping, rolling dough, light pinching, down my arms, down my legs, on my head! Even Cora Bell joined in and smacked me a few times. And tonight Wiley made me a plate of carrots and hummus, strawberries, and a slice (he sliced himself) of a baguette then he melted some chocolate chips and chopped up some strawberries and mixed them into the melted chocolate for my dessert. Archer brought me water and strawberries and drew me a picture of him and me standing under a giant heart. When they do these things for me I have no idea why or where it comes from, but the whole time they are saying how much they love me and how I should just sit down and let them do things for me. Tonight Archer was sweeping with the broom for a while then Cora Bell took it from him and started "sweeping" too. Wiley and Archer both took the time to tell me I looked beautiful. Then wiley said, actually mom, you look sexy. when I asked what that meant he said 'strong and awesome." I tried to tell him that only adults should use that word, but I don't know that he agreed. when I tried to put some clothes away they said, mom, let us do that for you, you should just lay down. And wiley even read the bed time stories tonight. And they cleaned their room with no asking and even set up all the pillows in bed for us to lay down and cuddle in. What a treat to have these kids.
Cora Bell is getting to be quite a confident walker. Today I spied her spinning a few times which made her very proud. she is getting really frustrated with not being able to talk, but she doesn't seem interested in sign language the way the boys were, but I don't know that I am putting as much effort into it, either. I'll try more this weekend.
1 comment:
lucky momma.
Post a Comment