Today he had his spring performance, a play put on by all the first through fourth graders, and wow. No simple plays at this school. It was like some experimental, avant guarde 70's musical. I could barely follow it, but essentially this space ship piloted by three female captains and psychic triplets crash landed on a planet and had to figure out how to repair their ship. They found clean water only to be attacked by something? Kids crawling on their bellies in orange and green costumes acted this part out while harps and oboes played...eventually they found these aliens who communicated through music and psychically that fixed the ship. One of the captains wanted to capture an alien and bring it back to earth for her own gain, but she was talked out of it...there were also messages of not fearing what is different, even if what is different is inside your own heart. Seriously, it was deep and really abstract. Wiley was part of the ocean, and sang some songs. He did really well.
Last weekend he had his piano recital and shared row, row, row your boat (memorized). Taking turns, and one improvised song in middle c position. He did really well. He introduced himself, stayed on beat, and didn't get distracted by cora bell. I have a video i will post soon.
Archer finished up preschool. He has come out of his shell this year, but still has moments of super shyness, like I saw him hanging out by a tree at the end of year party and when I went to ask him if he was ok, he just started crying because the ther kids wouldn't play with hm. He loves to identify himself as an artist and an outdoor kid. He's my sportiest kid and loves to play catch and baseball. I need to get him on a team. He loves to run. He is so helpful and will Make a big del of helping, " I will help you fix dinner" "I will help set the table" and he's cb's favorite. Tonight he had her cracking up with a puppet in his hand. He always showers me with love, so much love, "you're the best mom in the world". "I love you as much as all the leaves on the trees"
No comments:
Post a Comment