Overheard while playing:
Wiley: "archer, I love you."
Archer: "I love you.'
Wiley: "but don't tell anyone I said that."
At the playground today Archer made a friend. He rarely does this, but he and this boy, Gage (archer said that's his name, I thought I heard the boy say his name was austin) hit it off and "we just introduced ourselves and told each other our names." And they played the whole time together, really well. It was great to see him come out of his shell. On the ride home I was praising Archer for taking that risk and pointing out how well it paid off for him. Wiley chimed in by saying he didn't really like it because "I didn't get to play with Archer and I really wanted to." Archer said, "Wiley, it's ok. We'll play at home. What do you want to do?"
Gah! the sweetness.
They also beat the crap out of each other, regularly.
CB is all about a hug and a kiss these days. Oh so Sweet. She understands pretty much everything you say to her, and she can communicate pretty well. She prefers to grunt or whine, but if you ask her for words she'll use them. The grunting and whining have worked well for her with her brothers so I think she thinks most people will indulge her as well. She is sleeping really well in her own crib. A big step for me! She goes down easily and even if she wakes up in the middle of the night she will go back down with a quick cuddle and reminder she has to go night night until morning.
The other day we were picking wiley up from a birthday party at a trampoline place, defy gravity. They have trampolines instead of floors. Well, CB saw those trampolines and lost her shit. Full on temper tantrum until she was allowed to jump. She has no fear. She was all over those trampolines. The other jumpers were at least 6 years older than her and most were teenagers. She loves to jump and be rough. Truly fearless. Today at the playground she went down the biggest slide all by herself, on her belly. it's a fast one, too. She'd jump out of the end and say "Again!" and when she's on the swing she starts to get mad if she slows down and demands "I want higher!"
1 comment:
good for Archer making a friend. dont let Wiley guilt Archer for playing with his own friend - its an attention thing too ... if Wiley joins in, then the friend will dump Archer in favor of the older one. CB can do anything she wants right now. should have been in a crib long ago. but at least she likes it now. you'll have your hands full with her now.
Post a Comment