Every night at bed, Wiley and I have some version of this conversation:
Where daddy go?
Daddy's downstairs.
I see daddy?
No, you'll see daddy in the morning.
Where Clyde go?
Clyde's downstairs, sleeping.
Where Molly go? (and roodie)
Molly's downstairs, sleeping.
...Pause...
Gloria?
Gloria's at her house.
Joshy, Sarah, Andy, Oma?
They're at Gloria's house, going to sleep.
...Pause...
Where Sophie go?
Sophie's at grammy's house.
Lacy go?
Lacy's at grammy's house.
I see grammy? Grammy's house.
We'll see grammy soon.
Mimi go?
Mimi's at Mimi's house.
Ride choo choo train?
You had fun riding the choo choo train with Mimi, didn't you. You can do that again soon.
But tonight, he stumped me and added someone else:
Pop Pop?
who?
Pop Pop go?
who?
Pop Pop, Pop Pop? Pop Pop go? I watch TV with Pop Pop.
oooh. Pop Pop's in Vietnam.
I see Pop Pop?
We'll see Pop Pop in about a month.
2 comments:
well if that isn't a tear jerker.
time to move home pop pop
Post a Comment