Saturday, February 27, 2010
we went to this really lame class today at the museum. It was about bones and muscles for 3 1/2 to 5 year olds. Soooo lame. All they did was have the kids do a skeleton puzzle, look at bones, and play store with fake food that was rich in calcium. Lame. I paid $20 for it, so at least challenge my boy, tell him the names of some of the bones or something. Geez. Won't be going back to that one. The teacher was so nervous or anal, I couldn't quite tell, and she kept taking things out of Archer's hands for fear that he'd put something in his mouth. I'm watching him, lady, back off. She even made him cry really hard when she took a box of macaroni and cheese out of his hands because she didn't want him to open it. On the way home, Wiley did ask if his penis was a bone, though. But what was fun for me was that the teacher's helper asked Archer to show her the water bottle he had in his hands. Of course, Archer didn't have a water bottle in his hand, instead he had a tube in his hands, but since the woman asked, Archer went over to the diaper bag and futzed around in the bag until he found his sippy cup, then took the cup over and held it up to show the lady the cup. I was floored by his ability to put so much together. At this age I'm pretty sure Wiley was talking a lot more so I interacted with him as an older kid, I still think of Archer as a baby a lot and am taken aback when these things happen because I forget that just because he isn't expressive doesn't mean he isn't receptive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment