Ok, things have settled down a bit with Wiley. Phew.
Archer said his first sentence the other day, "I want it" he said it several times, appropriately and to both York and me. He's also saying a lot more one word labels, ear, "that", truck, will make the sounds for a monkey...getting so big!
We went to the dentist today, and Wiley has 3 holes to be filled. The dentist said they weren't really cavaties, but one was a weakness in the tooth, one is a hole that is a problem in the way the tooth formed and one wasn't really a problem, but could become one. Anyway, she wants to fill them and I don't know how I feel about it. One of the things weighing into my decision is that we have no dental insurance, so it's going to cost about $400. But, I've heard really bad stories and seen some pretty awful dental situations (with my foster care kids). He was so excited to go to the dentist today and he did soooo well, told the dentist all about how he brushes and flosses and why he does this and they took x-rays, (which I also grilled the dentist about needing, so I'm sure I'm not her favorite parent), and he opened his mouth wide and asked all kinds of questions--was really engaged and I don't want him to have an awful experience ending in fear, crying, and papoose boards. They also gave me a prescription for one valium pill and recommended I give it to him an hour before his appointment, I'm totally uncomfortable with this, but ugh, maybe that's the best? They have tvs on the ceiling (which also made me a bit unpopular there today, because they get him all set up in the chair and lean him back and turn on the tv for him and then leave the room and disappear, leaving Wiley to watch Star Wars, I think it was at least, a star wars scene where these creepy aliens are blasting one another to death and exploding one another's space ships, so I ran out and interrupted the head dentist to tell them "HE's ONLY 3! Do you have something less violent and scary!!) so they act like it'll be fun and happy, but Wiley freaks out over getting his immunizations, so I just don't think it's going to be fun and happy even with some disney movie playing on the ceiling and all hopped up on valium. I don't know. The dentist wasn't happy that I would bring him in later that week. hmmm.
1 comment:
too bad i can't put your kids on my insurance, its excellent. do you have to do this? don't teeth fall out in a few years anyways? although, overall, a very funny blog
Post a Comment