Saturday, April 10, 2010

so, the day after the dental appointment, Wiley took his dental floss and toothbrush and showed it to everyone he could. He was so proud and excited. He's even asked when he's going back to the dentist. And I guess I want him to be able to hold onto that enjoyment and I know next time I take him, that will be all over. He won't be proud or excited or happy. It'll scare him. Ugh.
Archer's ridiculous. He's saying a bunch more. He loves butterflies and signs for them. He loves the chickens, they make him jump when he gets to pet them. He really loves York. The other day York and Wiley drove up to the dollar store to spend the $10 Wiley got from Grandma Oklahoma for Easter. Archer watched them go, then very matter of factly took my hand and walked me all the way down the driveway pointing and saying, "daddy." At night Wiley, Archer, and I lay in the bed and read stories, eventually Wiley falls asleep while Archer nurses for a while. At some point, I get up to move Archer into the crib, he hates this part. He pats the pillow and points for me to lay down, if I do, he'll be still and try to go to sleep for a few minutes, but he just can't and wants to play.

Today, our barn kitty was being so funny. She was following us around everywhere, wouldn't leave us alone. She was acting more like a dog. Wiley would run around the yard and the cat would follow on his heels. We'd sit, she'd sit. She's fat, been fat. York and I were thinking, she mustn't be pregnant or she'd have had the babies by now. So, we were all sitting outside watching the chickens and kitty coco was sitting under York's chair when she made the most wretched meow and started looking at her butt. York and I looked at each other and just knew....A few hours later she had four kittens. We got to watch everything--so national geographic/nature program. Wiley was fascinated, but it was really hard to keep him from wanting to touch the kittens. Hopefully they'll all make it. We did talk about how sometimes they don't all live when at one point kitty coco took a long time licking the sac off one of the kittens faces.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

you have a real menagerie there.