Wow. When Wiley's tired his behavior is so bad. Like he'll just say he wants to kill me or he hates me, he hits, he ignores. Yikes. and it doesn't matter how many times I send him to time out he just needs to go to bed. There was one point today where time out worked for a few minutes and he was sharing and kind and complimentary. At some point he punched Archer hard and I got really mad and yelled right in his face "NO!!!!" and he paused a minute, looked at Archer and started to laugh, then Archer started to laugh then they were just laughing away. Grrrr. So yelling doesn't even work around here anymore; or, I guess it worked, just not how I intended.
So, we went back to the dentist yesterday for a second filling. And it did not go well. She had to numb his gums in two places and he remembered the pain of the shot and screamed. Nothing like watching your kid scream and panic with nothing to do about it. But, it's over now and hopefully all his "deeply grooved" teeth are taken care of. She tried to suggest that I get his canines shaved down under general anesthesia so he wouldn't have some weird permanent tooth eruption, but I declined. Especially since we don't have dental insurance and the fillings are costing about $700.
Archer's been really into sitting on the potty. Usually when he sees Wiley on it he wants to sit on it. The other day he peed on the potty. Usually when he sits on the potty I make the "elimination communication" sounds, 'pssssssss" for pee and grunting for poo. Then yesterday he was sitting in the kitchen and started grunting; I asked if he wanted to poop and sit on the potty he said yes and went to sit on the potty. Then he said "go away mommy" and when I came back a few minutes later to check on him he was standing beside the toilet throwing toilet paper in on top of his big old poop. Yay, Archer. Of course, then he had one more little turd fall to the floor; too excited to see what he did, I guess.
Last night I was watering near a yellow jacket hole in the ground. I said, when Wiley wandered up, Wiley go away from here so you don't get stung if the bees come around. You can tell where this is going....he got stung on his arm, but worse than that; I grabbed him, since my understanding is that yellow jackets swarm, and ran inside. I got inside and Archer followed us in and immediately started to climb the stairs; so I have a screaming Wiley in my arms trying to catch Archer off the stairs when Wiley's screaming reaches a new pitch. Apparently the wasp got into his shirt and bit him again on the belly. I squashed it and ARcher did not fall down the stairs.
And someone gave me this terrible cold with a pounding headache that won't go away.
No comments:
Post a Comment