Tuesday, February 8, 2011

weekend

Last weekend, I took the boys to family yoga. Fun, but not exercise or relaxation. Archer was having a great time doing the poses and warming up to the class (it's our 3rd). Wiley does well for the first half then gets antsy to leave and starts misbehaving--can't quite figure that out. After class we went to get some breakfast. It was my first time taking the boys to a restaurant by myself; I generally avoid eating out with them, and was nervous, but they both did really well. They had bacon and a chocolate milkshake. I am pretty sure I'm the worst mother. It was brunch, though, geez. And after that we went to a Pow Wow. It was really cool. If I go again, I will skip the opening ceremonies, it involves a lot of standing and being respectfully quiet, we are not good at this. But after that there was drumming and weapons and feathers and native dress. Archer was amazed. He sat in his own seat in a row in front of me perfectly still just awed. Wiley climbed all over me, had a hard time sitting still or being interested, but I think he was tired and doing whatever he could to stay awake, either that or he has ADHD.

1 comment:

Emily Dondero said...

Call me next time you go to a pow wow. I would like to see it. And wiley doesn't have ADHD, he has four years old.