Monday, July 23, 2012

I overheard Wiley tell Olive: “My aunty Mimi is getting married and she said I could take the rings down the aisle.”


Wiley finished his summer camp and asked if he could go back the following week. There is no camp the following week, unfortunately. The first two mornings there were tears so I was glad to overhear him tell the director that “I'll miss camp.” It was an outdoor camp where he learned to kayak, read a compass, and did lots of hiking.

Grammy asked Wiley what he wants for his birthday...
"Can you give me some birthday money?"
"Sure, how much do you want?"
"$10"
"Ok"
pause. Obviously thinking that this request was much easier than expected
"Wait, can I have more?"

Cora Bell is doing great with her hand coordination. She is pulling velco Australian animals out of the book pop gave the boys a few years ago. She is also crazy for food. She hasn't been fed anything formally, but has had: popsicles, icecream, mango, toast with jelly (Wiley's breakfast he made the mistake of setting down near her and not watching carefully; I had walked out of the room briefly and when I returned she was eating it), cereal, and avocado.

And Archer is really surprising me again with all the stuff he's picked up on that he doesn't even let you know he's listening to. He's at home now with Wiley, Cora Bell, and York and seems to love being part of the gang.the other day he said, "mom when I smile at someone it makes them smile back, see"

No comments: