Sunday, August 19, 2012

beach vacation

We had a wonderful trip to the beach. Some highlights:

There was a lot of yelling--which is a memory that would have most likely faded had I not just immortalized it, but overall, the young boys out of their element and comfort zones did very well.

We got to see some meteors from the meteor shower. They were super cool. Wiley and I sat outside looking for them and I saw three. One was a huge red streak across the sky.

We buried the boys in the sand up to their heads they seemed to like that.

The photo shoot wasn't nearly as painful as I worried it would be.

Dad was a very good sport throughout the trip.

The swim out to the sandbar was frought with peril and thank goodness dad was there to pull Archer and me to safety. And to make two more trips to take both Wiley and Archer back to shore.

I had a great few minutes of splashing and jumping waves in a rough sea with my sisters.

Cora Bell seemed to enjoy eating sand. Her poop still seems gritty. She fell asleep almost immediately every time she was shore side.

Pop taught Wiley that where his head goes his body goes and his swimming is much improved.

Pop taught Archer the breaststroke kick: up and out.

Archer went from scared--hold me!--to body surfing--the good waves are out more!-- in a matter of minutes.

Ms. Han cooked some delicious shrimp! I'm inspired. When she was teaching Wiley to say thank you in Vietnamese he thought she was asking him to "come with me" and he said he didn't know what to say.

I couldn't walk for most of the vacation due to 60 calf raises.

I got a lot of help for which I am very grateful.


3 comments:

Grammy said...

good synopsis

sarah said...

i still maintain the sore calves were from wave jumping too

elizabeth said...

I think you're right, Sara. I did those calf things last night and absolutely no soreness this time.