The First day of school was an adventure. As I took all three kids outside to take the first day of school picture I locked us out and left the keys inside. Luckily Wiley had been whittling the night before and left his pocket knife outside so we went around back and sliced open one of the screens and Wiley went through the window and let us all in.Archer, though he was on the outside with me, panicked a little and seemed to have a bit of a PTSD episode with the elevator at the beach. He did tell me that he was thankful Charlie and Emily got him out bu that I did the most important job by giving him a hug.
The other night Wiley was lifting weights before bed and I needed him to brush his teeth so I said, Wiley the girls like fresh breath, too. He said "I'm not lifting weights for the ladies, I'm lifting weights to be a better skateboarder. But maybe one day I'll lift weights for the chicks."
Wiley also told me that the kids in the other 2nd grade class are "fans of me."
Last night Wiley told me "I want help with my marriage. I want a girl who is pretty on the outside and pretty on the inside. Not one of those girls who is pretty on the outside and mean on the inside." That is so important, my dear.
Finally, we got a skateboard! Wiley's been asking for one and prepping for one by lifting weights...we went to the skateshop and picked out wheels and a deck and they put it together for us. The boys watched and asked questions. Then a friend of mine from work came over and helped Wiley figure some of the stuff out. He's really good. He doesn't mind falling ("you get used to it.") and he's picked up a trick!
1 comment:
amazing
Post a Comment