Sunday, April 26, 2009

archer does this tongue roll thing, which I think is him feeling out his new teeth.

bed time for wiley was about 1.5 hours shorter tonight. Not sure this was the right thing to do, but i realized he would do anything to get attention from me and to keep himself awake, including hurting me and provoking me. so tonight i decided i wasn't going to respond to anything at all. at first i didn't do well because he would step on my head or hair and that really hurt and I couldn't ignore it so I told him to stop and he didn't, he increased the intensity of stepping on my head/hair (which supported my theory). I held my breath and was able to ignore it a few times until he stopped it and moved on to something else. He grabbed my face and scratched the inside of my lip, but I was able to ignore it and remain "sleeping" and shortly after that he played on the bed by himself quietly for a few minutes then laid down and went to sleep. I'm projecting that the negative attention seeking behaivor will become extinct over the next few nights as he realizes he isn't getting any response from me.

"I don't want to wear shoes, I want to wear cowboy boots!"

2 comments:

Grammy said...

hang in there. you may be on to something

Carolyn Martin said...

when Cash is having a hard time going to sleep i sit in his rocking chair and pretend to sleep. He'll stand up and throw things at me but i keep sleeping. eventually he lays down and goes to sleep to.
Do you have to lay in the bed. what if you moved a chair in there and sat there and pretended to sleep - he couldn't do as much damage.