Tuesday, April 21, 2009

well we're back from the beach. it was fun, overall, sometimes a bit stressful, but no more so then being at home.
By day three Wiley was ready to come home, "I miss North carolina" I want to go home" etc. Then of course, on the way home, "i want to go back to florida" "I miss buck"
Buck is 4 years old and the boy of the friends we stayed with. He and Wiley would get along for periods of time, wiley saying "buck, I love you, you're my best friend" Buck would say either, "i know" or "no." By the end Buck said Wiley should put a whole pretzel in his mouth and choke on it. Yikes. His poor mother was very upset about that.
Totally bummed about the hotel we stayed at on the way home, Wiley had to poo really bad and they wouldn't let us use the toilet unless we checked in, which we said we would do after Wiley used the bathroom and they refused to let us. So we went somewhere else that said the same thing, so we checked in, the grossest, pee smellingist hotel ever. Oh well, Wiley wet the bed that night. ha. karma.
I'm very proud for not having burned archer. He spent most of his time in the carrier with a blanket wrapped around him and some time in a stroller under a beach umbrella, but never burned!
Wiley spent most of his time in his underwear, so next time I'm packing him one outfit and lots of undies.

1 comment:

sarah d v said...

it looks like a pretty good trip from the photos. Interesting little friendship no doubt.