well, the reason I don't use pull ups at night is because Wiley wants to wear underwear at night. He's so excited about it and I don't want to crush his little potty training spirit. I've asked him if he wants to wear pull ups or diapers and he says no. At night we tell his body to wake him up if he has to pee or not pee at all until morning.
Last night he stayed dry. He woke up a bit before 7am and went pee all by himself. I was so proud! He tells everyone how he is doing this all by himself, "I don't need my mommy's help because I am a big boy."
Today Archer went for his 4 month check up: 26" 22lbs 14 3/4 oz. (at this age Wiley was 18lbs)
He got the second round of shots that he got at 2 months and is pretty miserable, but I just doped him up on tylenol so hopefully he'll feel better soon. The whole appt was so traumatic for Wiley. When the nurse came in to give Archer his shots Wiley told her not to give Archer any shots "Because it will hurt him" then Wiley cried and cried out of concern and empathy while Archer was getting his shots and I spent more time comorting him. Archer barely cried.
We went to visit Olive's childcare, Kin. It's great of course. Wiley loved it. He joined right in with their art project and playing with them, was sad to go and talked about wanting to go back. But if Wiley goes there and Archer goes to Gloria I'd be spending just over $2000/month on childcare. Which basically negates me working. I think after paying for health insurance I'd bring him about $500/month, not even enough to cover half the mortgage. That's using .76 as my "tax bracket." The preschool I had signed him up for does have a 5 day a week spot, but that's only from 9-1pm which means I'd have to scramble for childcare if I had any afternoon meetings or emergencies, etc. and that's what I hate. I like the idea of having consistency and something I don't have to spend a lot of time coordinating. I dunno. I have one more place to look at tomorrow.
1 comment:
Cash was a little shrimp compared to your boys:
Head: 43cm
Length: 25 in
Weight: 15lb 9oz
Post a Comment