Friday, June 11, 2010

Archer is soooo cute. Seriously cute stuff. He was walking across the kitchen the other day and stopped and said, "I love you." If he picks up a bug or I pick up a bug to show him he will then command that I throw it "away!" His language is really growing: wet, hat, truck, I do it! He also tells me when he is going to poop or when he needs his diaper changed.

We all had a great afternoon, meeting Mimi for some swimming. Wiley started out using his floaties, but when another 3 year old girl showed up and didn't use any floating devices, Wiley decided he wanted to try that and spent the rest of the afternoon without floaties just swimming around completely on his own. He could touch the bottom on his tippy toes, but it was just what he needed to get the feel of the water and his body in the water. By the end of the afternoon he was putting his head under the water and swimming like a fish across the pool. Archer loves swimming, too. He tells me, "I do it" and he wants to do it on his own and just laughs when I swim around with him. Wiley is so friendly, he made friends with all the kids at the pool and the adults, too. One other lady there was a dental resident and by the end he was showing her his teeth. He also taught Mimi how to make friends: "mimi, to make friends you say, 'hi my name is mimi, what's your name? then you say, 'what is your favorite color?"

No comments: