Sunday, June 20, 2010

York and I went out to dinner last night at Elodie farms, a goat farm where they make goat cheese and invited a chef from Durham to make some fancy food. We had bruscetta, field pea salad, chicken (their own chickens!), and goat milk icecream with almond cake. That was the best ice cream ever. Anyway, thank you grammy for babysitting, it is much appreciated.

The boys seemed to do well with grammy, despite being sickish. Archer had a virus and a bacterial infection and a yeast infection. He did ok taking his anti biotics until the virus showed up and then he refused to take the anti biotics and even refused his tylenol. Not just refuse, but fill his mouth up with the liquid then spit it out all over the place. He seems much better now, relatively speaking anyway. Apparently while Grammy was babysitting Wiley told her around 8.30pm that he was tired and ready for bed. So I decided that I was also going to do this since I am sooooo sick of fighting every night at bedtime with Wiley. So, I put Archer down close to 7pm and told Wiley he could stay up until he was tired, only thing was that I have a lot to do at night and so I wouldn't be able to play with him. He said that was fine because he wanted to help me clean up. And he did help me with my entire nightly routine. He helped me clean up the toys, crayons, coins, dirty clothes and other debris scattered about the house. Then he helped me unload and load the dishwasher, fold and put away a load of laundry, vacuum the house, scub the floor on our hands and knees, wipe off the counters, wipe down the kitchen chairs, take out the compost, water the garden/put the chickens up/feed the dogs, pack his school bag, and pack his and York's lunch. Then at 8.30pm he told me he was tired, picked out three books, without a struggle let me brush his teeth. Then I quietly read him the three books and he quietly and peacefully went to sleep. So, I think 8.30pm is too late, but we'll try this for a week and maybe see how his behavior is on this schedule. It's nice, too, I think for him to be able to spend some Archer free time with me. York swears it didn't come from him, but Wiley told me the other day that 'sometimes I just need all the attention without Archer." And when he started to feel sick he told me, "I'm sick now so I need all your attention, not Archer."

Today was father's day. Wiley, Archer, and I got to the grocery store early and bought some stuff to make York breakfast, but all he ended up eating was a lot of donuts. Wiley explained that father's day was about "sharing and caring" specifically sharing donuts.

Wiley's been very sweet, almost constantly telling me I'm beautiful and how much he loves me. Today he said it right after he asked if we could go to the dollar store and get a toy and I said, Maybe. He said, Mom, you're beautiful. I asked if he was saying I was beautiful to get me to get him a toy and he said, "Yes, that's my word."

Archer's figured out how to climb the stairs himself. And is now saying more sentences "All done." It sounds so funny to hear him say, "No, mommy." Instead of just "No." He can label a lot of his body parts with words now. Is still obsessed with trucks. Today Wiley and Archer spent about half an hour riding along with York in the pick up truck as York scraped the driveway. Those silly boys.

Wiley is really into Star Wars after seeing some lego products with star wars. I put the kibosh on York's suggestion they watch Star Wars together. Geez. I think sometimes he and I both forget that Wiley's so young because he's so articulate. The other day at the doctor with Archer, Wiley was just all talk and the Doctor was flabbergasted. She kept commenting on his vocabulary and his intelligence. It looks like Archer is going to be the same way, thankfully, I'd hate for him to feel like he had to live up to Wiley somehow.

2 comments:

Carolyn Martin said...

happy anniversary

Grammy said...

so it's 3 days later, how's the routine going?