Today, Wiley woke up early, which meant Archer also woke up early. It's ok, because they both slept into their own beds until then, so I'm happy. Anyhoo, this is the conversation we had right off the bat:
"Mom, when you were getting Archer and me out of your belly did it cause you pain?"
"yes, just a bit."
"I'm sorry for that mom."
"don't worry about it, I was glad to do it."
"mom, when Archer was in your belly, did I know about it?"
"yes"
"I'm a little bit crying right now."
"why?"
"because I was so happy to be a big brother."
No kidding.
So, I had a parent teacher conference with Wiley's teachers, Bik and Linda, today. They said he was great and smart and all the stuff you'd expect...ready for kindergarten, friendly, verbal, sometimes pushing limits, sometimes not listening. They also said he was really concerned about other people--more than normal. They also said that he was more frequently "melancholy" than other kids. York and I have noticed and talked about this; I think it's a lot of me in him--a seriousness and pensiveness--more than sadness. Like the other day he said he asked if grammy knew that when I was a kid the other kids in my class called me carrot top and made fun of me, because if she didn't he was going to tell her. I told him not to worry about it and it didn't bother me that much, but he loves to hear stories from when I was a kid and when York was a kid. We try to keep the stories we tell him light, but when something slightly heavier gets through he ruminates on it for months.
No comments:
Post a Comment