Sunday, September 9, 2012

Archer started pre school! He's in the same class Wiley was in 3 years ago, with the same teachers. He was pretty excited about it and Wiley did his best to assure him he'd have fun and it was ok to be nervous. Wiley shared all kinds of advice about what to play with (the cars and blocks under the loft) and how to handle his nerves, "Barbara will even pick you up and hug you if you cry." Archer said he was this much excited (holding his hands out to the sides) and this much nervous (showing a pinch between his fingers. The first day drop off went well enough. He sat down at the painting table and painted; I left without much fanfare. York was the last parent to pick up/was slightly late so Archer was crying for fear he'd "have to sleep at the school." It was the second and third days that were much harder at drop off, clinging, crying, peeling him off me kind of harder. But, by Friday I was able to drop him off and there were no tears. He said he played with some kids that day and told Wiley he really likes school; he told me the teachers said he couldn't ask the other kids names....It'll be interesting to see if on Monday he picks up from Friday or from day two....

Cora Bell has had a terrible diaper rash that I believe at this point is a yeast based rash, so she's getting new treatments and I hope that it helps. I'd like to avoid a trip to the doctor. She is all about trying to crawl. She's getting up on her hands and knees and doing a bit of rocking. The other night when she was crying I heard 'oooohmmomm' She seems to prefer being outside, but is a terrible helper in the garden as she pulls out all kinds of things that then go right into her mouth, edible or not.

No comments: