Sunday, September 23, 2012

What a beautiful day yesterday. I spent a lot of time cleaning out and harvesting from the garden. I brought in a bunch of beans, yams, the last of the tomatoes (I also pulled out the plants), and the last of the figs. Cora bell sat with me while I harvested a huge bucket of basil, sometimes picking and eating her own, sometimes just laughing at the chickens. She loves animals and gets bouncy and laughing at the cats, dogs, chickens,bees, and spiders. Days like that make it harder to think of leaving, but that is the plan. We have decided to move back to Durham and rent our place. We'll see, but the idea is that we'll be back in Durham by Spring/in spring. Part of the deal of this deal is that Wiley and all children will go to public school. This is already making me majorly anxious and heartbroken, but when I think of three children at Friends, it's just not possible. Without financial aid the cost of tuition for three is about $50,000 per year. Oh my. Plus, this will allow us to have more playdates, do afterschool activities, engage in easy socializing, and learn to ride bikes. I think we'll be happy with the move so long as renting this place doesn't get too stressful.

1 comment:

sarah d v said...

Thats sad that you're moving, becuase that place is so you and you've made it a nice home, but I think you'll love not having the long drive and being closer to friends and amenities. And having a grassy yard and a driveway and bigger bedrooms will be nice for the kiddies. Of course you have to consider school districts, I know I'm not ready to deal with all that. It will all work out though.