I am curious to find out if I'll ever stop getting shocked by what Wiley can learn and say and put together. I guess at some point I will stop turning to York and saying, 'did you hear that? isn't he smart?' but it just doesn't seem possible.
Wiley's obsessed with Toy Story. He wants to watch it back to back all day long. I think it's because he doesn't quite get it and he's trying to figure the plot out. I'll sit with him and watch him watching it and he asks so many questions about the movie: why is buzz doing that? what is woody doing? buzz is sad/happy/fighting? etc. And he giggles at funny parts, which I find amazing. At the end of the movie he'll say, I watched the whole movie, movie over. Then...I watch buzz and woody again. His curiosity about the movie makes it more bearable for me to let him watch it.
Wiley's started saying he's scared of the dark when he's going to bed. I scared mom, it's so dark in here. He may be serious, it may be a test. Usually all I have to do is tell him I'll keep him safe and he's fine. We go through this dialog a few times each night. To avoid bed he also will tell me he pooped (totally baloney) and needs to "go downstairs to get a new diaper" or that he has to go pee pee on wiley's potty (also downstairs).
1 comment:
one thing i read recently (yeah yeah) is that by telling them you'll keep them safe, they may think that, yes, there is something to be kept safe from? hard dilemma, since there certainly are some things to be kept safe from...books books books. what does he say he's afraid of? does he answer to why or what are you scared (of)? sweet big wiley.
Post a Comment