wiley likes to cuddle up in my arms, 'like a baby' then make eating sounds and pretend to have boobie time.
This has actually been pretty hard on me. I can't sit next to Wiley, hold him, read him a story, lie down with him, etc without Wiley digging in my shirt and trying to grab my boob. If I'm sitting with him and have to go to the bathroom he will refuse to let me put him down and will insist on going with me to the bathroom, or wherever. He didn't do this before. He's all, I smell your boobie, I kiss your boobie, I hug your boobie, I pinch, I beep, etc. Whatever he can come up with to get close to my boobs. At times, he'll grab onto the boob with one hand and push me away with the other. I ended up talking to some other moms at work, not my clients, my supervisor and a co worker, who made me feel a better about the transition being hard on Wiley, he's obviously having some anxiety about our relationship changing, growing up, and probably a new baby coming. They also reassured me that this isn't going to last forever and I haven't screwed things up...yet.
3 comments:
his way of coping - keep up the good work.
a great way to still get the cuddle time but not the boobie time, sounds like you two are doing very well
he will totally adjust - just give him a little time. you're doing a great job and need this to prepare for your next baby
Post a Comment