Saturday, October 25, 2008

oh noooooooo

Wiley and I just went to a birthday party for a one year old and it was pretty bad. Wiley was mean to the other kids, who were all younger than he is. He would stomp on their fingers when they crawled by, push them over, pull their hands off whatever they were holding onto so they'd fall down, he tried to push one of the boys' heads into the toy he was playing with, he was head butting, and grabbing toys away from them. I'm usually very proud of the way Wiley behaves with other kids, it's only recently I've seen this. He was like this with Cousin Cash. I'm humbled by this behavior. So I put him in time out twice and the behavior continued. To make matters worse, Wiley then asked to "please I go in time out, please." What are you supposed to do when your kid wants to go to time out?

Wiley's also started calling me mother: "what are you doing, mother?" "go clean up, mother" "i love you, mother"

3 comments:

Carolyn Martin said...

i've never heard of a kid wanting to go to time out - he is too funny. I'm sure he'll grow out of this phase. don't stress over it.

celia glass said...

nothing more than terrible twos ... he's a good kid, i'm sure it will pass as quickly as it came

Grammy said...

well i guess he just has to hang out with kids older than him who can hold their own when it comes to playing ... just a phase and that's why they have time outs