Friday, December 25, 2009
Christmas
I had so much fun, and I think the family did, too. Christmas Eve we had Sarah and Emily over. I made paella and Sarah made a cream pie. Wiley opened his gift from Emily and we gave Emily hers. Wiley got a Santa potato head. That night Sarah and Bobby slept over (with Sophie). Not the best night of sleep. Wiley woke up screaming in pain a few times, complaining about his knees and feet hurting him--growing pains only, I hope. And Archer took a second nap, which he rarely does, so that threw off his routine and he had a really tough time going to sleep--York eventually got him down then he slept 6 hours in a row, the longest he's ever slept. Meanwhile, I helped Santa put together gifts and get things ready for the morning. Sophie cried all night long and kept me awake most of the night; York even put in ear plugs. She's not invited back (especially since the next day she tried to bite Archer). Christmas morning I woke up earlier than the kids and cleaned up the dog pee on the floor, started the coffee, and waited for Wiley and Archer. Sarah and Bobby were awake. Wiley came down the steps and seemed pretty happy with what he saw. We then opened gifts. Wiley got: electric toothbrush, pants, slippers, sega games, Disney book, singing snowman, paddle ball, candy, gum, joker doll, hamburger play doh set, camera, Aliens vs. Mosters dvd, and art supplies. Archer got a keyboard, singing snoopy, jack in the box, pants, candy, shoes, a trash truck, and they both got: an easel, a kiddie table and chairs, and a kitchen set with dishes/pots and pans. York thinks it is too much, but I thought it was a good amount. I got clothes, lipstick, jewelry, boots, shampoo, chocolates, and a cookbook. York got long underwear, travel mug, the Wire season 5, and chocolates. We spent the day just playing and skyping; it was raining all day and cold, of course. Wiley seemed to like all his gifts, but the potato head was one of the favorites. For dinner, I made au gratin potatoes, haricots verts, bread rolls, and a pumpkin pie; Sarah brought a ham. Bobby and Wiley and Archer got along really well. I was so impressed with Archer, he unwrapped all his gifts on his own. He seemed to like the kitchen and made me several meals/drinks; it was cool to watch him. He also gave Bobby gentle kisses and hugs! Sarah still is his favorite, Archer would walk over to her and ask to be picked up and if she left the room without him he would wander after her or cry for her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I had so much fun too. Lots of quality family fun time and eats.
so sorry our dog disturbed your sleep, attacked Archer, ruined Christmas morning, and was such a problem in your house. i assure you it will not happen again.
frances has been complaining of pain in her legs too! i've been assuming it's growing pains and am glad to have a little verification (informal though it may be). just last night she was up crying and crying because her ankle hurt. i hope wiley's isn't too bad!
Post a Comment