Tuesday, April 26, 2011
So the other day Clyde got out and Wiley, Archer, and I went to look for him. Now, Clyde is a hunter and killer. We've seen him kill a raccoon right in front of us and found lots of dead squirrels before, so when we were walking through the woods looking for him it wasn't shocking to find a possum lying about 5 feet off the trail to the river. We all stopped and stared at it for a while then moved on. After about 10 mins we turned around and started heading home, Wiley and Archer running pretty far ahead of me. This time, when I passed that possum, which was still in the same area about 5 feet off the trail it looked right at me and winked, later I watched from afar as it climbed a tree, totally alive. This was almost a week ago and it still is freaking me out for a few reasons, number one, the thought of walking over to the supposedly dead possum and prodding it with a stick went through my mind and I almost did it with the boys and secondly, the boys ran ahead of me on the trail on their own--what if it had attacked one of them?! ugh. I really didn't know animals did this. Once I thought I found a dead mouse and put a bucket over to come back later and clean it up, but when I went back, it was gone; York said it played dead, too. They both fooled me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment