Sunday, April 17, 2011

tornado warnings

so yesterday we had some bad storms in NC; at least 4-5 big tornadoes. We spent about 45mins in our basement--York and I decided that would be the best thing, of course it was right after I put Archer down for a nap. I scooped him up out of bed and he stayed asleep through our basement stay then for another three hours, it was a monster nap. Wiley was a bit freaked out, but we did our best to reassure him and teach him the physics of tornadoes. Surprisingly though he asked twice if he could say a blessing, and he held my hand while he said the only prayer he knew, "thank you god for our food and our friends, amen." I think it's so interesting that he figured out that people pray when they're in need of comfort.

4 comments:

Grammy said...

yeah wiley! i think its interesting too esp since i had nothing to do with it! and there's nothing wrong with that if it gives him comfort. i can teach him some new blessings when he's ready, starting with god bless mommy and daddy and archer.

elizabeth said...

I was thinking I should teach him something, he seems interested in religion, and as long as he is interested he can pursue it as much as he wants.

elizabeth said...

I need to teach him to throw in there, "and please let me get into the kindergarten at Central Park School."

Grammy said...

We bow our heads dear God to pray thank you for our food today. Amen