Monday, September 12, 2011

after finding Archer sock and shoeless this morning shortly after I had put his socks and shoes on he explained that his feet had put a spell on his socks and shoes and that's why he wasn't wearing them anymore.

when I was dropping Wiley off at school this morning I was saying maybe one day a week I could stay for "settling in." This is a time when parents can stay for a quick song and some silent thoughts. Wiley explained that actually he didn't want me to stay because it was much harder for him to say goodbye to me when I stayed for settling in because he got used to having me there and then missed me more and cried and that he didn't like crying at school. I, of course, said whatever was best for him and made things easiest for him. I talked to his teachers about this and apparently after Friday's settling in time (which I did stay for and after which he did cry) he explained this to the whole group and instigated a conversation with all the kids about missing their parents, etc. I am so amazed by his ability to connect with his feelings and understand them. what insight!

1 comment:

Grammy said...

he is pretty amazing. one day he'll have the whole package hopefully. i believe respect is the key to all emotions and that comes with maturity and example.

archer is funny.