Friday, September 16, 2011

Archer's been telling ridiculous stories. Like today. I took him with me before we had to go pick up Wiley to find a beekeeping supply store, which wasn't a store, but was a place to buy stuff from someone's basement "store." Anyway, I was driving up and down the road because I couldn't find it and from the back, Archer says, "daddy told me it was this way. Daddy told me that; we went here one time and then we went to the farmer's market. That's my Stor-ee." He does this all the time; and there's no way that is true--ever--sometimes the stories he tells even involve me in some way, either that I didn't do something or daddy did something I clearly just did with/for him. Sometimes it's 'daddy' and sometimes (more often) it's one of the kids from Sherrill's, Elias. So, if we're talking about anything, like, what just happened in the Harry Potter book, and he disagrees with what I said, he'll say, "no, xyz happened, Elias told me that." (Elias is younger than he is). I was telling Sherrill about it and apparently he does a version of this at her house, too. If he doesn't want to eat his lunch he says to her, "my mom wouldn't make me eat that."

No comments: