Wowzer. I may just keep my children home from now on. The end of the school year is hard and full of crying. The Quakers seem to be really good at this reflecting and appreciating thing which just means more tears. Carmen sent Wiley home with a slideshow of photos of him throughout the year and he just sat on the sofa and watched it over and over again cuddling his buildabear. He had one major, super sob, "I'm going to miss my school so much. It's why i wanted to flunk! It's such a wonderful place." I know, Wiley, I know; me too. Then he got out his notebook and said he was going to draw all his memories.
Last night they had a risers ceremony with a Quaker silent reflection part. Folks speak as the silence moves them to discuss their reflections on the school year. I cried as I talked about how even though Wiley walked through the door on his first day teary eyed and scared I never worried about him in that school ever. Because the place was so full of love and caring. York even spoke during the ceremony and talked about how he loved that Wiley learned about the greek gods and goddesses (in kindergarten!) and how Wiley walked around proudly declaring he was named after "the 'Wiley' son of kronos." Wiley spoke about how he is going to miss his friends, miss his teachers, miss everything.
Tonight I was unpacking the bag he brought home full of the clothes I had sent for emergencies/accidents and bwahwahwah I cried as they are just all too small for him and will have to passed onto Archer. Big feelings happening around here.
Friends school really is beyond wonderful so if anyone would like to win the lotto on my behalf I would appreciate it. York and I don't really see eye to eye on continuing education there; it's our major fight nowadays and I don't see that changing...
Cora Bell is reaching for things and seems to be making it to her mouth with those things. Her night sleeping is a bit wonky right now. I hope she gets back to whatever she was doing before as I have no idea about sleep training.
Archer is ready for preschool and likes to talk about what he's going to do and learn and about how he will be moving on from Sherrill's, but I'm just not ready for that yet, either.
No comments:
Post a Comment