Sunday, February 17, 2008

suckas

The other night Wiley was really fighting sleep. He kept telling me "eat" "eat" but I told him he could eat in the morning; it wasn't realistic that he'd be hungry since he had dinner and nursed. I was getting frustrated with trying to get him to sleep so I asked for York to take over for a while. Well, after a few minutes of York trying to get him to sleep, I hear York bringing Wiley downstairs, 'he kept saying 'eat' and it was just breaking my heart.' So I gave Wiley some beans, he took a few bites to make it look legit, then wanted "down" because he was "all done." Then he played for TWO hours before finally going to bed. Since that night, Wiley's tried the old "eat" trick again, but I haven't fallen for it and he usually gives up and goes to sleep. Well, tonight he got me. I was struggling getting him to sleep and he pulled at his diaper and said "poop" "poop" "potty." I tried to tell him he could poop in his diaper and it was ok. But he insisted he had to go, which wasn't likely because he'd already gone twice during the day, one time just before bed. Anyway, he insisted and I didn't want to discourage him on our potty training quest, so I took him to the bathroom and sat him on the toilet. He peed a bit, but no poop. Then he started talking and gesturing to go downstairs to daddy.

Boy, he's slick.

2 comments:

Emily Dondero said...

mom and I love reading the blog, what a stinker that boy is.

sarah d v said...

He is crafty. Hold your ground!

Separately, I have to type in a bad word to verify my post.