Monday, July 6, 2009

day of firsts

Archer went to Gloria's by himself today. I guess things went well, slept 1.5 hours, seemed happy when I picked him up, really happy to see me. Wiley went to his first movie while he was home with his father. They went to see Ice Age 3. Wiley liked it, ate popcorn, didn't get scared when the lights went down.
But, most importantly, I had an evening meeting, from 6-8pm, which meant that York had to do the entire night time routine from start to end all by himself. Big first! I made dinner and left it for them, but York fed them, bathed them, read stories, and put them to sleep. Wiley was asleep when I got home, Archer was almost asleep--he had pooped so was getting changed when I came home.

Some of Wiley's new phrases, "whatever" "sure" These are right out of my mouth, it's funny to hear him use them. "should we read a book?" "sure" "Wiley, please throw that trash away" "whatever"
Also, "Just answer the question" and "I'm the grown up" Geez, ok, not even three year old.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

i hope many of these blogs make it into the 2009 Christmas book

Grammy said...

at least there were no flash backs from disney world bugs life when he went to the movies this time