Archer's mouth has just exploded with teeth, well, two more on top. He'd been sleeping so crappily and biting quite a bit and this might explain that freaky fever.
He's not exactly crawling, but he's getting around. He'll be on all fours and he'll take off with his hands: hand hand then maybe one knee then he lurches forward and lands on his belly then starts all over again. Don't doubt this method, he can make it across the room. Also, he's working on standing up. So he'll be sitting with his legs out in a V in front of him then he'll lean forward onto his hands and push up so he's in a downward dog then he walks his hands back toward his feet until he's almost in a toe touch then he lifts his hands and balances ever so momentarily on his feet until he plops back on his bum.
wiley. oh, wiley. well he's been having a lot of bad dreams, maybe. maybe he's just making it up some of the time, since it seems to be a theme that arises in a lot of the books we read. and as we went to bed tonight I said I was going to think about sitting on the hammock with wiley and archer while I fell asleep so I would have good dreams. Wiley said he was going to think about "boogers" "ya, because I love to pick boogers out of my nose!"
this morning he put his undies on a bit twisted and I pointed out to him how he could straighten them out. so he changes his voice into a comedic low tone and pretends his legs are talking to each other by making them move: "oh, leg, you are twisted, you belong over here." "yes, leg, we are twisted we should cooperate. silly leg" and on. funny. funny.
also, he's started telling lies. this morning after he used the bathroom I asked if he washed his hands, they looked very dry, but i honestly wasn't there with him so I don't know. He said he did. I pointed out they were very dry and asked if he were telling the truth. He was quite insistent that he wasn't "lying" and he was "telling the truth." So I believed him and dropped it. Then when I went to pick him up from Gloria's this afternoon she asked if I had fed Wiley breakfast that morning, which I had, he didn't eat much, but he did have at least half a pancake, but he had insisted to her that he had no breakfast and was very hungry. Then he told her he didn't knock all the books off the bookshelf even though Gloria had seen him do it.
I guess he'll start going to time out and I'll stop putting the control in his hands by not asking him if he's done something I really know he hasn't/has done.
2 comments:
i wish you had the video going on the twisted leg conversation. what a funny kid. i guess lying is a part of childhood but my kids never lied.
liar.
Post a Comment