Sunday, July 26, 2009

I think Wiley's third birthday day was pretty great. He woke up and was immediately thrilled to be three. He jumped out of bed and the first thing he said was, "now that I'm three I'm going to clean up my room." Kid you not. And he started picking up his toys and putting them in the toybox. I thought to myself, wow, three really is great. Then he asked "now that I'm three I can drive a truck?" He based a lot of his actions for the day on being three, "now that I'm three I can go downstairs by myself." We quickly got dressed as Wiley very much wanted to go to grammy's house. We were on the road by 8.45am. I lost my temper once when Archer was crying in the car and Wiley was whining/demanding that I pick up a toy from the floor of the car and give it to him--a toy I couldn't reach or see, but once I told him very firmly that I couldn't get it he didn't ask for it again. Three?
Once at grammy's he ate some eggs for breakfast, which grammy let him decorate with sprinkles. Grammy and Wiley made his birthday cake, I believe Wiley did a great job making sure the quality was up to parr with frequenty taste testing. Then we went outside and he rode his tricycle up and down the street; he rode very well, up hill with no help, stopping, and not once crashing. We came inside and he got to watch The Incredibles on some insane DVD package that Pop got in Vietnam, it has probably over 100 movies on it. On the DVD disc that the Incredibles was on was also, toy story, toy story II, cars, monsters inc, a buy's (sic) life, and at least one other I can't remember right now. I thought the movie was waay too violent and complicated, the first movie he's really ever watched with actual guns in it, but he didn't seem scared or freaked out. Sat in my lap for most of it, while Archer napped or played with grammy. We had some quesadillas for lunch. Then we went outside and played in an inflatable pool and the sprinklers. Wiley had some icecream, since it was his birthday. Then we went upstairs and Grammy read stories to Wiley and we all played until it was dinner time. After dinner, of course, was cake. Wiley blew out all his candles and ate his lemon cake with sprinkle icing. He seemed very happy. Wiley got some shin guards and a soccer ball from Grammy and decided to wear his shin guards to bed tonight. Overall, a great day.
Archer, though, has a terrible diaper rash.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

i consider lemon cake a source of fruit and vitamin C. sprinkles on scrambled eggs is a SPECIAL DAY treat. he'll be a teenager by the time we finish watching all those movies on the DVDs Pop got. but his SPECIAL DAY movie was a good choice.