Archer cried again when I've dropped him off and I've been really happy with how Sherril's dealt with this. She said she didn't want to try to force him out of his crying, but instead, allowed him to feel his emotions and give words to it, "Archer you must be feeling sad that mommy left" and I gave her some photos of us to talk to him about (I don't know if he gets that or not, but I feel better thinking he might have a photo of me to look at). That to me, is, WOW! So social workey and wonderful.
So, things like that have been wonderful. Also, when I pick him up it's so calm in her house and the kids are all gathered around (getting ready for nap after I leave) so it's really family cozy. And something I'm still processing and can't articulate well is that she gives me some really positive energy; after dealing with all the mess we deal with through work sometimes I think I have taken that home with me, but the last few days with Sherril, it's like I've been able to re-group and carry away some of her gentle patience and understanding and feel renewed for the rest of the day with my boys. Kind of like she's teaching me/reminding me of the ways I want to interact with my kids and I can go forth from her house and do that better for the rest of the day.
Archer did bite the other baby and left a mark on his eyebrow. Sherril said she was right there and Archer moved his open mouth to the other boy and she thought he was going in for a kiss when he bit the other baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment