Monday, November 16, 2009
archer's first day
well, Wiley and I dropped Archer off at Sherril's today for his first day. He wouldn't let me let him go, but eventually I handed him to Sherril and he fussed, cried minimally when I walked out the door. Sherril reported that he did well until about an hour later when he stopped playing and looked around a bit panicked. Sherril said she was able to pick him up and comfort him. It was really interesting and reassuring how she described this time; she talked about how she assessed whether he would want to be picked up and comforted or if he would prefer just some face time with her or if he'd rather be left alone to feel sad. Luckily, my boy was able to be comforted and soon after got sleepy. Sherril said she tried placing him in the crib in the back room and patting him and staying in the room with him until he fell asleep, but he wasn't having it, he was crying, so she picked him up and took him out to the other room and rocked him on her lap while reading stories to the other kids until he fell asleep. She was then able to put him in the crib to finish his nap. Sherril reported that Archer ate well and was very social with the other children. He was happy to see me and thirsty. I'll have to remind her to give him copious amounts of water. I feel pretty good about things. Not sure if it's because he's my second child or if it's just a good situation. I remember with wiley I called Gloria half way through each day to check on them. I didn't call Sherril at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
glad to hear he's making them earn their extra money! and glad that he's getting some good attention and care.
Post a Comment