Sunday, August 29, 2010

been slacking.

so, archer has pooped on the toilet twice now. he asks to sit on it all the time, mostly just to follow what wiley does, but every once in a while his timing is right on.

He has also gone to time out a few times for biting. He's really good about sitting in time out. I don't have to strap him into a high chair like I had to do for wiley, perhaps, again, because he's seen Wiley do this. Archer will also tell me when he thinks Wiley has to go to timeout. funny.

Wiley, phew. this kid is smart and has one amazing memory, so i'm not entirely sure what to make of this: the other day he was sitting, eating breakfast, when he stopped and was staring off into space. I asked what he was thinking about and he said he was remembering when he was a baby in my belly. I asked what was he remembering about it. He said "it was hot, cold, hot cold. Every time you would breathe in it would get cold, then it would get hot again when you would breathe out." I really hope that is true, even if it isn't it's a pretty awesome thing to extrapolate. Then, this evening we were listening to a cd in the car. He was listening then said, this music is making me sadder and sadder. I asked why and he said "because it reminds me of when I was a baby and you would hold me and I had booby to drink." He was so right, it was music we listened to a lot when he was a baby.

Archer is singing along to a lot of music, especially knows the words to 'you are my sunshine.'

Wiley told me he is going to be a science guy and 'mix things together that haven't been mixed together before."

1 comment:

Emily Dondero said...

He also told you he was going to be a ninja then proceeded to do a break dance spin on the ground.