Sunday, October 7, 2012

A friend of mine has a baby that just turned three weeks old. This was how old cb was when York had his motorcycle accident and became incapacitated and in pain so therefore very irritable. I haven't thought much about it, and even at that time I just tried to be grateful for everything I had that was going well. But today I've been thinking about just how royally that time period sucked and I'm angry for not having a maternity leave I had envisioned. I am trying to be ok with being angry I know if yorkread this he would think I was selfish, since he was the one with the broken shoulder so I'm trying let myself feel what I feel even if it might upset others.

3 comments:

Grammy said...

i get it.

Emily Dondero said...

Anger is definitely an emotion you have to deal with. Saw this today: "hanging on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" Buddha

sarah d v said...

Being a bit selfish every now and then is good for you. having two active boys and a brand new baby, essentially alone, could not have been fun. Acknowledge, but now release too.