Thursday, October 25, 2012

I read this article about how people who are grateful are physically healthier. I try to be very grateful for what I have, but this article recommended writing down three things you're grateful for each day and one thing you appreciate about your spouse. I would especially like to teach the chillens to regularly think like this. I have also been thinking about the question "what's wrong?" and how that keeps us problem/negative focused so I'm working on eliminating this from my vocab.

So, I am grateful that Cora Bell woke up at 6am and I went outside for a few minutes while it was still dark and looked up and saw the amazing, wonderful winter stars.
I am grateful that my children are healthy and safe. (a bit broad, but something that I am reminded of daily, when I'm at work seeing kids my kids' ages who've had, oh, hellish lives)
I am grateful that when I came home from work yesterday Archer ran out and jumped into my arms to give me a hug. 

1 comment:

Roseann McFadden Clavelli said...

I try to find three good things every day, too, for which to be grateful. Granted, some days it's hard, but then I say something like, "I am grateful today is over." It's a good life practice and worth passing along to your kids - athough I am not sure I ever told them about this. So, today's three are: I am grateful for Rick and Sarah's wonderful parenting and love; I am grateful for the joy I receive from Bobby and Jack; and I am grateful that I have the most beautiful view in Ireland from every room in our cottage. I'd like to add a fourth: I am grateful that Sarah has such a beautiful family of sisters and her wonderful Mom, too! As for Al, I am grateful that he is so kind and supportive - not just today but always, and especially during my difficult times. Elizabeth, thanks for reminding us of the value of positive thinking! xoxo