Saturday, December 13, 2008

hot head

I guess I really shouldn't be surprised, but Wiley has one heck of a temper. When he gets mad he'll make weight lifter muscle arms in front of his body then growl while bearing his teeth.
I had to "lock" him in his room yesterday for nap (the door locks on the inside of the room, so it was just closed, but it sticks, so he couldn't open it) because the hitting of me was getting out of control. He screamed and eventually fell asleep leaning against the door. I hadn't been trying to get him to nap because it was such a struggle, but then he melts down at 6pm and there's so much hitting and biting and throwing stuff it's just not fun. I read somewhere that toddlers and mothers have conflict every three minutes, I'd say that's about right.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

i guess the thing to remember is he is really only a two year old and needs structure and discipline. sounds like you're on the right track. hang in there.