Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I feel like I'm starving Archer. All day long, all he wants to do is eat. Eat food. real food. all day. this morning he saw me making his bottles before I left for work and howled when I wouldn't give him one. He howled when I was eating lunch and wouldn't give it to him. I don't think that breastmilk is enough for him even all day long supplemented with some baby food. I would give him all the adult food he can eat, but then his belly gets upset.

Once again, Wiley has amazed. This afternoon I came home and sat Wiley on the front porch with a frozen juice box and said I'd be right back after I put Archer down to sleep. York was sitting in the living room doing some work on his computer and had a visual on him through the windows and the front door was cracked open.
Then I heard Wiley bang on the door, throw it open and yell, very upset: "there is a snake!! Eating our froggie!!"
We have had a frog living in a drainage pipe right by the front steps and today a snake caught him and was eating him for hours. York was able to help Wiley be interested and less upset, but it was upsetting to me, too. But I was so proud of Wiley for immediately getting York--just like we've practiced since he could barely talk.

1 comment:

Carolyn Martin said...

thats heavy stuff about the frog - i'd be scared and sad. i guess you can't get another frog if the snakes are just going to eat them.
FEED ARCHER!!