Monday, June 8, 2009
We've been talking a bit about Wiley starting preschool this fall. He vacilates between being excited about learning and not wanting to go. Last night we had a wonderful conversation, that I have a feeling will come up several times over the next few weeks, after Wiley said: "I feel shy around other kids. I don't want to go to school." It was amazing that he could recognize these feelings and project that a new situation with new people could be intimidating. But I normalized his feelings and we talked about how he could make friends and what kinds of things he'd do at school. Then this morning he was having a bit of a melt down over something and cried, "I want friends."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
this sounds more like something he has heard on a cartoon, maybe cartoons should concentrate on imagination and humor and not trying to teach life lessons better left for parents. wiley isnt shy, he makes friends with everyone we meet around the condo complex.
Post a Comment