well, i'm back to work. my new position is nice, they don't have an office for me right now, but there's plenty of space for me to set up and get some stuff done and so far the few things I've done in my new role I like. I have to get used to talking so much again, though. My job requires a lot of talking and I come home at night and feel like I've probably said something to offend someone just due to the large amounts of talking I do. Oh well. So, leaving Archer and Wiley has gone really well. It's actually nice that Gloria's gone for this month, becuase it somehow seems like a gentler transition. According to york and emily, archer hasn't had any real separation anxiety or problems while I've been gone. that's such a relief. I think it helps tons that wiley is there with him and can help keep him happy and make him feel secure. Of course, for me the hardest thing is getting pumped, cleaning bottles and just being prepared to leave in the morning. It's tough to get out the door before 8am with two little kids without getting bossy or unsympathetic. I would like to see us waking up earlier so we get a bit of 'quality time' in the morning, or at least enough time to eat breakfast, but I think as our schedule becomes more routine that will happen.
Last night as we were getting into bed I found a tick on my leg that must have just bitten in and Wiley so proudly pulled it off. He was so happy to be helping me in a sincere way, I was really touched.
He has grown so much in the past few months, he is a lot taller and really tanned. weird. Today at Olive's poor Olive was tired and got easily upset at small things as soon as Amelia came home from a meeting, but Wiley stayed patient with her and appeared to have some empathy. She cried when he sat down in a chair he wanted to sit in. He looked at her and explained that his drink, snack, and doll were at that place on the table. A few minutes later he said, here olive, do you want to sit in my chair and swept his arm across the available chair for her.
I swear archer is trying to crawl. He will go forward from sitting onto all fours then push his hands forward one by one trying to reach something in front of him. Still the happiest baby ever. At sarah's babyshower, he was passed around nearly the whole time and never fussed.
No comments:
Post a Comment