Tuesday, June 9, 2009

one cool kid

wiley is really cool. today at the pool he conquered several fears and just went for it! He managed to swim around without his arm floaties (still had his swimsuit vest thing on, but that doesn't hold him above the water very high or well so he had to actually swim). He really practiced swimming with his arms and legs and moved all about the pool like that. He also practiced jumping off the side with Emily. She taught him to jump in first holding onto both her hands then one of her hands and finally with no hands. He was so proud of himself. And by the end of the swim he and I were going completely under water. I hope he can figure out swimming without any floating devices by the end of the summer, might be too high of an expectation though since after June not sure how often we'll make it to the pool. I couldn't do it without emily, she's a huge help.

Archer's been more fussy lately. not sure if it's frustration that he can't move, maybe he's hungry, teething, not getting enough sleep. who knows. i feel badly for him because he doesn't cry or seem really bummed, but there's a fairly present sad moan sound he makes. Unless, of course, York is around. Archer loves his daddy. York can get him to smile and laugh no matter what. Wiley can usually get Archer going too. Archer is least thrilled about me. I try not to take it personally as I remember Wiley was like this for a long time, too.

No comments: