Wednesday, September 9, 2009

School seems to be a success. Wiley's first full day was today, his first half day was yesterday. He went right in, said 'see you later alligator' and waved me off. He had one moment of saying he felt like he wanted to stay with me all day, but he was easily distracted once he saw all the toys there. When I picked him up today he was blowing a million kisses to Barbara and Kathleen (in case they missed him, of course). He is exhausted for the rest of the day. Right now he's asleep in the car, yesterday he was cranky, no nap. Since they're only going to 12 this week I pick him up and he and I spend a bit of time together before we pick up archer at 1.30pm. Today we got frozen yogurt. Yum. Wiley reported that one of the kids in his class cried when her parents dropped her off. His teachers say he's very loving and tells them all kinds of our business.
Archer I think has had a more difficult adjustment without his brother around. He cries when we drop him off and leave. He hasn't been eating, so I've started pumping for him again. And it's an adjustment for me. I'm exhausted. Getting two of them ready and out the door by 7.55, dropping A off at 8.30, getting W and me back in the car driving across town, taking him into the classroom by 9am and then getting to work, working my butt off for 4 hours then picking up Wiley at 1, Archer at 1.30pm. Phew. it doesn't sound bad typed out like that, but it's tiring.

Archer loves putting things in and out of containers and trying on hats, trying to put Mr. Potato head's parts together, reading books, dropping things to figure out gravity, feeding himself his cup, trying to feed himself with a spoon (he's good at it!), and standing, and putting his dummy in his mouth. wow! Dr Debbie appt at 8am tomorrow, just to add something to our schedule. Yikes.

1 comment:

sarah d v said...

I'm so glad Wiley likes school, although there was never any doubt in my mind. Poor Archer must miss him tons though, I think he'll adjust soon too. See you soon.