Thursday, October 22, 2009

my god. what is up. another awful day with wiley. today it included biting, hitting, kicking, and stepping on my hair. luckily it was all aimed at me, not archer. but i lost it nonetheless, yelling in anger so loudly it made archer cry/scared. that's bad, bad, bad of me, I know, I feel awful about it. i know what it was, wiley was tired, he was nodding out in the car on the ride home from preschool, but never quite made it to sleep. i tried putting him down for a nap, but that only escalated his behavior and my anger. i even tried putting them both back in the car and driving around to get wiley to fall asleep--something i've never done, and it didn't work. so i let him watch tv and i jogged around our driveway to cool off/get some space while archer napped.
i hate when i get into this pattern with wiley. even he said, 'it's a crazy day' I asked why and he said 'because i've hit and bited you.' so it must feel yucky to him, too. I think maybe with york out of town he isn't getting enough individual attention. so that's my goal tomorrow to sit with him alone for a few minutes...somehow.

2 comments:

Emily Dondero said...

try guilt. mom perfected it and works every time.

Grammy said...

guilt, disappointment, respect - 3 big emotions in my book. but there are some positive ones too!