Monday, April 9, 2012
back to work
Well, today was my first day back at work. Of course, that meant that everyone had a hard time sleeping. I must give off super vibes or something. I feel I can really affect others in my family. Anyhoo, I prepped bottles, pumps, lunches, clothes, diaper bags, school back packs, and work bags last night. Everything was ready! I updated York, pumped a fresh bottle before I left, gave him some tips on caring for Cora Bell and was out the door on time with Wiley and Archer. Wiley's drop off went smoothly, but then I took Archer over to Sherrill's. On the way over I was thinking, how interesting that Sherrill doesn't take a day off at Easter, but then we knocked on her door and she answered in her nightgown. It was her day off! She had emailed this out and I forgot/didn't write it down/oops. So, Archer went to work with me on my first day back. I called York and explained the situation to him. Our plan was for York to bring Cora Bell to his studio anyway so I could watch her when I left work at 1.30pm, so I asked if he'd be able to come down earlier and get Archer. Archer was very good, played quietly and by himself, so I actually managed to get quite a bit done and I purposely scheduled nothing on my first day back, so it wasn't that bad. And, of course, I have the best job ever and both my big bosses were out of town, so it was really just Renee (my direct supervisor and friend) at work anyway. York showed up around 11.30am and said Cora Bell had been crying a lot and wasn't taking her bottle. He though perhaps she had a cold and was choking on the bottle nipples. We figured out she was probably just overly tired and couldn't get herself to sleep. So he took Archer and I kept CB at work until I left. Phew. So I guess tomorrow will be a more official first day. We'll see how that goes....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment